• Drive transition of reports to the AgileREPORTER tool, utilizing the current production processes
• Strategically reconcile report production and build methodology to efficiently resolve reporting anomalies throughout the regulatory reports generated on an automated basis
• Drive preparations for connecting the future centralized data warehouse (multi-year project) to the AgileREPORTER tool.
• Help identify areas for consolidations of manual inputs.
• Help with miscellaneous projects assigned by manager that require vast subject matter expertise.
• Partner closely with the Regulatory Reporting, Regulatory Data Requirements and Remediation Change Management teams within the Enterprise Financial Reporting group
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader, highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. Additionally, the candidate should possess professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives and regulatory agencies. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
• Deep understanding of financial products (e.g., loans, securities, derivatives, etc.)
• In-depth knowledge of line-item specific regulatory reporting guidance
• Ability to document conclusions with well-founded supporting basis for policy decisions
• Understanding of financial institution systems and general architecture
• Analytical thinking with focus on anticipation of potential issues
• Detail oriented with planning foresight across multiple functions
• Strong communication skills
• 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
• 2+ years of management experience
• A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
• Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
• Experience managing teams of more than five team members
• Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting: Federal Reserve, OCC, and SEC
• Knowledge and understanding of corporate governance, financial reporting systems, legal entities, and role of regulatory authorities
• Knowledge and understanding of capital markets: business and processes
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong research and documentation skills
• Management consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm
• Experience with Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
• Knowledge and understanding of Lombard Risk AgileREPORTER software
• Experience with general ledgers and accounting policies
• Experience presenting with multimedia tools such as Live Meeting or PowerPoint
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Other Desired Qualifications:
• Product knowledge in some or all of the following areas (loans, debt, derivatives, securities, repurchase agreements, securities lending, commodities, cash equities trading, credit trading, securities, etc.)
• Broad financial product knowledge throughout the banking and capital markets industry inclusive of investment banking, asset-backed financing, equity investments, etc.
• Ability to convey key messages to senior leaders through PowerPoint presentations
• Experience with bank capital calculations, processes, and reporting
• Experience with Agile methodology of project delivery
• CPA certification
• Experience with large financial institutions