The manager will oversee a small accounting team in New York and will indirectly oversee an additional accounting support team in India to prepare and analyze monthly and annual financial statements and regulatory reporting for multiple legal entities in global capital markets, and manage the financial statement audit process.
The role will involve working on special projects that involve new business initiatives or fund launches as it pertains to the management company, managing ad hoc requests from various internal groups (including senior management and the front office), and working with our software developers to improve and reengineer our existing processes.
This role will also provide the opportunity to gain a macro view of the firm’s financial activities, learn about complex legal entity structures and transactions, and enjoy substantial interaction with other internal departments, including Fund Accounting, Tax, Payroll, Legal and Compliance, external third-party administrators, and software development teams.
• The qualified candidate should have five to ten years of experience in public accounting or a mix of public and private experience in an accounting or reporting function at a hedge fund, investment manager, or other financial services firm.
• A major or concentration in accounting and a CPA are prerequisites.
• The role requires a high level of organization and the ability to be detail-oriented and proactive.
• This individual will be able to lead and develop their team and have an ability to see the ”bigger picture.”
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an analytical approach to problem solving, and a rigorous work ethic are essential