The Financial Reporting group provides internal and external clients with assistance related to the annual audits and/or interim regulatory SEC filings across a diverse set of registered mutual funds and non-registered funds, including, but not limited to, common and collective trust funds, partnerships, and hedge funds that invest in a wide array of investment strategies and asset classes. The group has an open technical coordinator position that will report directly to the team leader of the team.
The technical coordinator will assist the team leader with the review of staff work; provide training and development to the staff, as well as provide feedback regarding staff performance. The technical coordinator will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements and audit support for the Financial Reporting group’s client base. The technical coordinator will also assist with the preparation of accurate filings of the SEC Forms N-CSR and N-Q for the registered mutual fund base.
Preparation of fund financial statements and schedules of investments as well as assisting team leader in drafting of the notes to the financial statements for annual and semiannual shareholder reports for registered and non-registered funds.
Review of schedules of investments for registered funds on Form N-Q filings.
Assist team leader in coordination of audits, related auditor and clients open items, questions and comments.
Train staff regarding the preparation of financial statements, schedules of investments, Form N-Q.
Technical resource for staff regarding questions related to new investment/derivative products, financial statement preparation questions and auditor questions.
Review of staff prepared fund financial statements, schedules of investments, Form N-Q and other supporting schedules as necessary.
Provide timely and relevant feedback regarding staff performance to team leader.
Complete ad hoc duties and or projects as assigned.
Assist with the on-boarding of new client
• Detailed knowledge of financial statements
• Working knowledge of 1940 Act rules & regulations, forms N-Q, N-CSR, N-SAR & N-MFP.
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including such topics as ASC 815 & 820.
• Working knowledge of securities, derivatives and fund accounting principles.
• Exposure to Donnelley Financial Solutions Reportbuilder and/or Arc system preferred
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Strong performer with high standards of integrity & work ethic.
• 3+years experience in Fund Administration/Financial Reporting industry or related relevant industry
• Degree in finance or accounting
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.