As a member of the SEC Reporting Group, you will be involved in the preparation of the Form 10-Ks (Annual Report), Form 10-Qs (quarterly reports) and quarterly Earnings Releases to be filed with the SEC. The position involves a significant amount of financial report data and commentary preparation and review as well as accounting/reporting research and process improvement projects.
Likewise, it requires moderate to strong understanding of FASB and SEC accounting and disclosure requirements and how they relate to the businesses of the Company, as well as the ability to identify data issues through analysis of financial detail from the general ledger and off-ledger information provided by Company’s business units.
This is an opportunity to join a highly visible Controller’s Division group and apply and hone your financial reporting and GAAP skills, participate in financial reporting process improvement projects and interact with business teams across the company.
• Involved in the implementation of new FASB and SEC rules and regulations and must be able to understand and communicate complex accounting issues
• Interact with many important financial and reporting groups of the Company, such as Investor Relations, Internal Reporting and Analysis, Regulatory Reporting, Corporate Credit, Treasury, ALCO, Accounting Policy, Financial Planning and Analysis, Legal and the business unit group controllers and their reporting teams.
• Develop an understanding of their businesses, products, systems, key sources of financial reporting information, and other matters important to help gather and explain the Company’s financial results to the public.
• Contribute to one or more disclosure groups, which quarterly oversee the quality of processes for gathering necessary disclosure information and develop the relevant commentary and financial disclosures for the external reports. The key disclosure groups include credit, fair value, investment securities, derivatives, variable interest entities and mortgage lending
• Technical research to develop a strong understanding on selected accounting and disclosures, working closely with the Enterprise Accounting Policy group, and reviewing peer reporting for best practices
• Projects to help the SEC Reporting Group identify and improve its financial reporting process, as well as work with business unit reporting groups on their information gathering processes
4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics,
Economics, Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
2+ years of financial reporting experience
2+ years of public accounting experience
A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
• A Master of Business Administration or designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Essbase or Smartview experience
• Strong organizational, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
• Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
• Ability to analyze quantitative or qualitative data
• Financial services industry experience
• Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
Other Desired Qualifications:
• Moderate financial statement and SEC 10-Q/K preparation experience
• Working knowledge of SEC rules and regulations
• Moderate to strong working knowledge of FASB accounting and disclosure requirements for the financial services industry
• Ability to identify, research and offer recommended solutions for moderate to complex financial reporting issues
• Understanding of XBRL requirements and experience with XBRL “tagging”