Performs internal audits providing management with objective assessments, recommendations, and pertinent information concerning the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control system. Independently performs financial, operational, and information system assessments and advises management on the need for corrective action.
1. Coordinates and assists with compliance activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley; specifically in the documentation and evaluation of internal controls in accordance with Section 404.
2. Conducts operational, financial, and information systems audits to review effectiveness of internal controls, efficiency of operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
3. Works closely with auditees to identify potential improvements to internal controls and operational processes.
4. Assists with implementation efforts related to internal control and operational process improvements accepted by auditees.
5. Documents audit procedures and observations through the preparation of detailed workpapers. Drafts the internal audit reports/memos.
6. Assists internal audit management with risk assessment activities, audit planning and developing audit objectives.
7. Participates in new systems development initiatives, serves as a business process consultant, and performs special project work.
8. Assists external auditors in the completion of the audit requirements.
9. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
10. Performs all of the above activities in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and conduct, consistent with the "Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing" as published by the Institute of Internal Auditors and Triton’s policies & procedures.
2 - 5 years experience within:
Public Accounting - Auditing, Assurance or Accounting Information Technology; or
Financial Services Institution - Internal Audit or Accounting; SEC compliance experience; or
Fortune 500 - Internal Audit and/or Finance areas.
Strong knowledge and skills with auditing and evaluation of internal controls.
Proficiency with MS-Office, in particular with Excel, Word and Access.
B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience. Masters or MBA is a plus.
Experience using internal controls frameworks, such as COSO, CoCo and/or COBiT.
CIA, CPA and/or CISA certification is highly desired.